Anyone who knows me can verify I am a total dork, a noob, and one of the spaciest smart people you’ll ever meet. I’m really not sure how people can put up with me. It’s not that I don’t care or don’t pay attention, it’s just that I have my hands in so many things at once (while wanting to do even more) that I can’t fully focus on any of them. So things get half-assed. Like playing WoW. Would you believe when I type /played the results are only 98 days, 20 hours and some-odd minutes? After 3 years of gameplay. And over 5 days of those have been since Cataclysm launched. That’s not a lot of average playing time per year. Combine that with the knowledge that I’m a dorky, nooby, space cadet and it’s a wonder I have managed to get Elfindale to level 85. Just offering you a little explanation for the below list. Do not judge me.
1. GatherMate2 exists and is a wonderful add-on to use in conjunction with Sexy Map. Now all I wanna do is farm herbs. I had no idea there were farming add-ons out there.
2. Scrolls of Intellect / Scrolls of Spirit are still valuable to me at this level and should be used for heroics and raids. I have been throwing those away and vendoring them since about level 50. Don’t yell at me, I said I’m a noob.
3. It’s completely possible to kill a random mob while questing and find an epic world drop. Early this morning, I killed a humanoid in Tol Borad and received Dorian’s Lost Necklace. It’s my first ever random epic loot. As soon as I put it on, I reached ilvl 330 and I am now able to do heroics. Woot!
4. There’s a roller coaster in Azshara. Freaking cool.
5. While Archaeology is a cool profession and I am excited about the rare finds… it is a bitch to grind up when you’re already level 85. I totally think I would love it if I started out with it on a new character; one that is already travelling all over the world and can split their time between Archaeology and questing. But for me, flying all over the freaking map just to be able to dig 3 times is killing me. Seriously, I’m dying a slow and painful death while playing Bejeweled during flight paths. And Elfi has so many other things she needs to be doing. Dailies, farming, grinding rep with the Cataclysm factions, preparing for a chance to raid. Etc. You can’t even buy your way to the next level. I started off the weekend determined to grind my Archaeology up from the measly 90 it had been sitting at, all the way through 525. Well I am sick to death of it and I’m only 225. I realize it’s just me, not mouthing the profession. I just think it’s boring if that’s all you’re doing.
6. I don’t pay enough attention to loot rewards from quests. I always do a quick glance, but I learned this weekend a couple of gear items I could be benefiting from right now were quest rewards for quests I clearly remember doing. I obviously just didn’t realize I needed them. When I complete a quest and don’t need the rewards, I just pick the one that’s worth the most at the vendor. Obviously I do this way too hastily. I have got to break that habit.
7. I don’t pay enough attention to loot drops from bosses in dungeons. I always do a quick glance, but I learned this weekend a couple of gear items I could be benefiting from right now were lost to other party members because I passed on them too quickly. I obviously just didn’t realize I needed them. I have got to break that habit.
8. You guys are really gonna groan over this one… I’m almost afraid to admit it. As a druid, I had no idea what Hibernate did. I had never used it before. Or even looked at it, apparently. While healing Grim Batol with some friends one of them suggested I help with CC by using my Hibernate. I admitted that I didn’t have it included in any of my action bars and we proceeded without me using it. I did not admit to them that I had no idea it was even an option. We didn’t even need it, turns out. But how horrifyingly embarrassing. Once I looked it up and realized it was an amazing CC option, I was mortified by my own stupidity. And to answer your question, yes I did add it to my action bar.
9. I am not a bad healer, but I am not a great healer either. Because I know I need a few seconds to recover between each pull (not getting Elfi’s mana back up… I literally mean me, the girl behind the keyboard) I expect that to be normal for everyone else and often find myself looking at shiny things while the rest of the group is just out of range and engaged in a fight. I’m not saying this happens all the time, don’t be scared. I do have an attention span. Sort of. But these things do happen on occasion. Im gonna blame it on the fact that I play on a laptop so I have to be more hunched over (because it’s not a 24 inch monitor I can move around) and when you use the keyboard on a laptop, it doesn’t exactly slope down towards your wrists like a desk keyboard does. My wrists, elbows and hunched shoulders need a chance to straighten out. Like so many other things on this list, this is also my own fault. As soon as I win the lottery, I’m buying a desktop pc. Of course, the laptop will be handy when I get invited to Utah for a LAN party.
Well, I believe I’ve humiliated myself enough for one day. I’m just gonna stop here.
/ abrupt end